Friday, November 20, 2009

Be Thankful

Monday, our power was out, due to the winds and a tree falling on a power line just up the road from our house.
It is amazing how much 'work' I can't do without electricity! Since I couldn't do the laundry, or the dishes (our water comes from a well that uses electricity), and most important, couldn't use the computer.
I went outside to take some pictures, and as I was walking and looking, I
saw such beauty. It made me stop and think about where we live,the blessing we have, the people we meet who come out to pick our crops during the summer, and how busy we can get, until we don't actually 'see' all the good that is around us.
It is always good to slow down, look around and count your blessings.
I guess that is what this 'thanksgiving' time is for.
I am thankful for so many things...but just wanted to say that I am thankful for the farm, and for those of you who come out to visit and to pick our crops during the harvest. It is our pleasure to have you here, and we hope that you always feel welcome when you come out.
Take some time in the next few days, to slow down, and look at all the blessing around you!! Be Thankful!
p.s.(I realllllly dislike how the christmas decorations, etc come out before thanksgiving, so am hesitant to mention anything about the christmas holiday before thanksgiving has come and gone...but stay tuned. We are opening the farm this year for u-cut christmas trees....opening day-Friday, November 27th...more info coming soon.)

No comments: